Technology has made work and socializing so much easier. Surprisingly, these days technology is also doing wonders for our houses. Modern living standards have made human life easier whether it is appliances, or home interiors everything works with just a click.
If we talk about doorbells, there was a time when they always needed hardwire so they could work. They were always in the same spot due to the power supply and wiring present in that specific area of the wall. What if you want to change the location of the doorbell or hardwire is not working properly? Ring doorbells have given the ultimate solution for those who do not want to spend time and energy on installing Doorbells.
Also Read: How To Unlock A Door With A Bobby Pin
In this article, we will be discussing in detail how to install wiring ring doorbell without chime and can you change the doorbell without turning off the power.
What Is A Ring Doorbell
Ring doorbell is a video advanced technology doorbell because you do not need a hard wire power supply. They have their own battery power supply and you can install them anywhere you want. However, since they do not have any power supply they do require charging. You will be receiving a doorbell along with a USB cable so you can charge it. When the ring Bell turns on a green light it means that it is fully charged. When the battery is charged insert it to the device.
How To Install Ring Doorbell Wired Without Existing Doorbell
If you are wondering how to wire ring a doorbell then you should have a power adopter transformer that can connect with your doorbell. It will not require any hard wiring all you have to do is maintain the voltage so that the doorbell will get the appropriate power supply. This way you can say goodbye to the existing wiring.
Here are a few steps through which you can install a ring doorbell.
- Before setting up the ring video doorbell on your wall first you need to install the application on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. By doing this you can control the device with a Central Command
- Once you download the application create an account to customise your setting. They will ask for your details such as email address, and location, and you will create the account with a password.
- Now you can install the ring device.
- Before setting up the device make sure that the ring doorbell is fully charged.
- You will notice a code on the packaging or on the device. Scan the code.
- You can even name your ring doorbell.
- Now you will press the orange button on the device and it will automatically begin functioning. Connect your doorbell with a Wi-Fi connection.
- When you will enter the Wi-Fi password a blue light will flash 4 times which means that your device is connected to the Wi-Fi.
- You can mount a bracket around the device while using a drill machine and screw. Mark the screw spots and start drilling. Secure the screws tightly so that your ring doorbell does not move.
- After following all the steps your doorbell is ready to use. However, still, if you desire to install your door well on the hardwire then consult a technician to do the task.
We hope that by following the above steps you will get the answer to how to install ring doorbell wired without existing doorbell. Installing a ring doorbell is a very easy option especially, for those who do not want to hire professional help and desire to do the task by themselves. Ring doorbells are a high-selling product but from time to time you need to maintain them for proper functioning. Hope you have a satisfying experience with your new video ring doorbell.